IEC 60947-6-2-2020 Low-voltage switchgear and controlgear – Part 6-2: Multiple function equipment – Control and protective switching devices (or equipment) (CPS).
This document applies to control and protective switching devices (or equipment) (CPS), the main contacts of which are intended to be connected to circuits of rated voltage not exceeding 1 000 V AC or 1 500 V DC.
It covers control and protective switching device (CPS):
– which provides protective and control functions for circuits and motors;
– where its control function is operated exclusively otherwise than by hand;
– which provides continuity of service after over-current conditions; and
– which can have additional functions, such as isolation or communication.
This document does not apply to:
– auxiliary contacts, covered by IEC 60947-5-1 ;
– CPS used downstream to frequency drive 1 ;
NOTE Additional requirements for CPS used downstream to frequency drive are under consideration for the next maintenance cycle.
– the use of the product with additional measure within explosive atmospheres, covered by
IEC 60079 (all parts);
– embedded software design rules, covered by IEC TR 63201 ;
– cyber security aspects, covered by IEC TS 63208.
The object of this document is to state:
– the characteristics of CPS’s;
– the conditions with which CPS’s are complying with reference to their operation and behaviour, their dielectric properties, the degree of protection provided by their enclosure where applicable, its construction including safety measures against electric shock, fire hazard and mechanical hazard;
– the tests intended to verify that these conditions have been met, and the methods to be adopted for these tests;
– the information to be marked on or given with the CPS’s.
2 Normative references
The following documents are referred to in the text in such a way that some or all of their content constitutes requirements of this document. For dated references, only the edition cited applies.
For undated references, the latest edition of the referenced document (including any amendments) applies.
IEC 60034-1 :201 7, Rotating electrical machines – Part 1: Rating and performance
IEC 60085:2007, Electrical insulation – Thermal evaluation and designation
IEC 6041 7, Graphical symbols for use on equipment (available at http://www.graphical- symbols.info/equipment)
IEC 6061 7, Graphical symbols for diagrams (available at http://std.iec.ch/iec6061 7)
IEC 6071 5:201 7, Dimensions of low-voltage switchgear and controlgear – Standardized mounting on rails for mechanical support of switchgear, controlgear and accessories
IEC 60730-1 , Automatic electrical controls – Part 1: General requirements
IEC 60947-1 :2020, Low-voltage switchgear and controlgear – Part 1: General rules
IEC 60947-2:201 6, Low-voltage switchgear and controlgear – Part 2: Circuit-breakers
IEC 60947-2:201 6/AMD1 :201 9
IEC 60947-5-1 :201 6, Low-voltage switchgear and controlgear – Part 5-1: Control circuit devices and switching elements – Electromechanical control circuit devices
IEC 61 000-6-2, Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) – Part 6-2: Generic standards – Immunity standard for industrial environments
IEC 61 051 -2, Varistors for use in electronic equipment – Part 2: Sectional specification for surge suppression varistors.IEC 60947-6-2 pdf download.