AASHTO PP 113:2021 Standard Practice for Characterizing the Relaxation Behavior of Asphalt Binders Using the Delta Tc (ATc) Parameter.
This practice provides a means of evaluating the behavior of an asphalt binder at low temperature using the results (Stiffness and rn-value) from the Bending Beam Rheorneter (B BR) test to calculate a value (identified as Delta T. or i\T) that is indicative of the relaxation properties of the asphalt binder. This practice is primarily intended for use with residue generated after long-term conditioning with T 240 (Rolling Thin-Film Oven (RTFO)) and R 28 (Pressurized Aging Vessel (PAV)), but may also be used on recovered asphalt binder from asphalt mixture, reclaimed asphalt pavement (RAP), and reclaimed asphalt shingles (RAS).
The behavior of an asphalt binder at low temperature can provide insight to the technologist indicating to what extent the asphalt binder exhibits adequate relaxation properties to minimize its contribution to non-load related cracking in an asphalt pavement.
This practice may be used in conjunction with M 320, SpecifIcation for Performance-Graded
Asphalt Binder, or M 332, Peiforinance-Graded Asphalf Binder Using the Multiple Stress creep Recovery (MSCR) Test.
The values stated in SI units arc to be regarded as the standard.
This standard does 1101 Puipoli to address all the safety concerns, if any, associated with its use. It is the responsibility of the user of this standard to establish appropriate safety and health practices and determine the applicability of regulatory limitations prior to use.
• T 313, Determining the Flexural Creep Stiffness of Asphalt Binder Using the Bending Beam Rheometer (BBR)
• T 240, Effect of Heat and Air on a Moving Film of Asphalt (Rolling Thin-Film Oven Test)
• R 28, Accelerated Aging of Asphalt Binder Using Pressurized Aging Vessel (PAV)
• R 29, Grading or Verifying the Performance Grade (PG) of an Asphalt Binder
• M 320. Performance-Graded Asphalt Binder
• M 332, Performance-Graded Asphalt Binder Using the Multiple Stress Creep Recovery (MSCR) Test.AASHTO PP 113 pdf download.