AASHTO M 36:2016 Standard Specification for Corrugated Steel Pipe, Metallic- Coated, for Sewers and Drains.
This specification covers corrugated steel pipe (CSP) intended for use for storm water drainage, undcrdrains, the construction of culverts, and similar uses. Pipe covered by this specification is not normally used for the conveyance of sanitary or industrial wastes. The steel sheet used in fabrication of the pipe has a protective metallic coating of zinc (galvanizing), aluminum Type 2, 55 percent aluminum-zinc alloy, zinc-5 percent aluminum-mischmetal alloy, or aluminum Type 1.
The several different metallic coatings may not provide equal protection of the base metal against corrosion or abrasion, or both, in all environments. Some environments may be so severe that none of the metallic coatings included in this specification will provide adequate protection. Additional protection for CSP can be provided by use of coatings applied after fabrication of the pipe as described in M 190, or by use of polymer-precoated CSP as described in M 245.
This specification does not include requirements for bedding. backfill, or the relationship between earth cover load and sheet thickness of the pipe. Experience has shown that the successful performance of this product depends upon the proper selection of sheet thickness, type of bedding and backfill, controlled manufacture in the plant, and care in the installation. The installation procedure is described in AASHTO LRFD Bridge construction Specitlcaions, Section 26.
AA SIITO Standards:
• M 190. Bituminous-Coated Corrugated Metal Culvert Pipe and Pipe-Arches
• M 218, Steel Sheet, Zinc-Coated (Galvanized), for Corrugated Steel Pipe
• M 232M/M 232, Zinc Coating (Hot-Dip) on Iron and Steel Hardware
• M 245, Corrugated Steel Pipe, Polymer-Precoated, for Sewers and Drains
• M 274. Steel Sheet, Aluminum-Coated (Type 2), for Corrugated Steel Pipe
• M 289, Aluminum-Zinc Alloy Coated Sheet Steel for Corrugated Steel Pipe
• T 65 MIT 65, Mass [Weight] of Coating on Iron and Steel Articles with Zinc or Zinc- Alloy Coatings
• T 2l3M/T 213, Mass [Weight] of Coating on Aluminum-Coated Iron or Steel Articles
• T 241, Helical Continuously Welded Seam Corrugated Steel Pipe
• T 249, Helical Lock Scam Corrugated Pipe
• AASHTO LRFD Bridge construction Spec ffications
• AASHTO LRFD Bridge Design Specifications.AASHTO M 36 pdf download.