AASHTO M 240:2021 Standard Specification for Blended Hydraulic Cement.
1.1. This specification pertains to blended hydraulic cements for both general and special applications using slag, pozzolan. limestone, or some combination thereof, with portland cement or portland cement clinker, or slag with lime (see Note I).
Note I This specification prescribes ingredients and proportions with some performance requirements, whereas ASTM CI 157/Cl 157M isa hydraulic cement specification in which performance criteria alone govern the products and their acceptance.
1.2. The values stated in either SI units or inch-pound units are to be regarded separately as standard. The values stated in each system may not be exact equivalents: therefore, each system shall be used independently of the other. Combining values from the two systems may result in nonconformance with the standard. Values in SI units [or inch-pound units] shall be obtained by measurement in SI units [or inch-pound units] or by appropriate conversion, using the Rules for Conversion and Rounding given in IEEE!ASTM SI 10, of measurements made in other units [or SI units]. Values are stated in only SI units when inch-pound units are not used in practice.
1.3. The text of this standard refers to notes and footnotes that provide cxplanatory material. These notes and footnotes (excluding those in tables and figures) are not requirements of the standard.
2. REFERENCED DOCUMENTS
2.1. AA SHTO Standards:
• M 85. Portland Cement
• M 201, Mixing Rooms. Moist Cabinets, Moist Rooms, and Water Storage Tanks Used in the
Testing of I lydraulic Cements and Concretes
• M 327, Processing Additions for Use in the Manufacture of Hydraulic Cements
• R 71, Sampling and Amount of Testing of Hydraulic Cement
• R 80, Determining the Reactivity of Concrete Aggregates and Selecting Appropriate
Measures for Preventing Deleterious Expansion in New Concrete Construction
• T 105, Chemical Analysis of Hydraulic Cement
• T 106M/T106, Compressive Strength of Hydraulic Cement Mortar (Using 50-mm or 2-in.
• T 107M/T107, Autoclave Expansion of Hydraulic Cement
• T 129. Amount of Water Required for Normal Consistency of Hydraulic Cement Paste
• T 131, Time of Setting of Hydraulic Cement by Vicat Needle
• T 133, Density of Hydraulic Cement.AASHTO M 240 pdf download.